|Code||Type||Head of UE|| Department’s |
|UT-M1-TRADUC-077-M||Optional UE||N.||SSERV - Aucun service|
| HT(*) || HTPE(*) || HTPS(*) || HR(*) || HD(*) ||Credits||Weighting|| Term |
Objectives of Programme's Learning Outcomes
- Linguistic Skills - Apply linguistic knowledge to the practice of translation or interpretation.
- Master the French language at level C2 of the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages.
- Master the foreign languages at level C2 in reading and listening, and level C1 in writing and speaking.
- Continuously assess and maintain that linguistic knowledge.
- Transmit a message expressed in another language, orally or in writing, all the while respecting the intention, the target audience, the linguistic register and the objectives of the original language and message.
- Cultural and Intercultural Competency - Utilise intercultural knowledge in order to understand, analyse, and contextualise in the practice of translation.
- Be familiar with the political, social and cultural environment of the working language and the chosen foreign languages, as well as a sustained effort to keep abreast of all new developments in those areas.
- Be able to recognise the socio-cultural components underlying an oral or written text.
- Analyse the assumptions, implicit or explicit, allusions, stereotypes and intertextuality of any oral or written document.
- Thematic Competency - Develop and apply thematic knowledge related to domains in which translation is practised.
- Identify what information and documentation is required.
- Master the strategies, tools and techniques needed for carrying out documentary or terminological research.
- Maintain personal archives in a logical, efficient and accessible manner.
- Cognitive Skills - Possess a solid theoretical grounding in translation and/or interpretation and be able to apply it to the professional practice thereof and actively pursue further independent development of it.
- Familiarise themselves with transposition techniques based on theoretical findings, subsequently leading to some practical automatisms.
- Develop the necessary analytical and synthesis faculties to be able to understand and work on complex texts.
- Develop knowledge and skills autonomously, particularly in terms of researching new theoretical approaches and tools in the field, with the aim of improving professional skills.
Learning Outcomes of UE
Aimed at getting the students to become familiar with the different types of literary texts in the strict meaning of the word
Content of UE
Analysis of the specificities of each type of literary text (i.e. novel, short story, play and poetry) through a variety of chosen texts and their translation.
Type of Assessment for UE in Q2
- Presentation and/or works
Q2 UE Assessment Comments
Type of Assessment for UE in Q3
- Presentation and/or works
Q3 UE Assessment Comments
Type of Teaching Activity/Activities
|AA||Type of Teaching Activity/Activities|
- Cours magistraux
- Travaux pratiques
Mode of delivery
|AA||Mode of delivery|
Required Learning Resources/Tools
|AA||Required Learning Resources/Tools|
Recommended Learning Resources/Tools
|AA||Recommended Learning Resources/Tools|
Other Recommended Reading
|AA||Other Recommended Reading|
Grade Deferrals of AAs from one year to the next
|AA||Grade Deferrals of AAs from one year to the next|
(*) HT : Hours of theory - HTPE : Hours of in-class exercices - HTPS : hours of practical work - HD : HMiscellaneous time - HR : Hours of remedial classes. - Per. (Period), Y=Year, Q1=1st term et Q2=2nd term