|Study programme 2018-2019||Français|
|Simultaneous Interpretation and Interpretation from French into the Foreign Language : Dutch|
Programme component of Master's Degree in Interpreting Professional Focus - Conference Interpreting à la Faculty of Translation and Interpretation - School of International Interpreters
|Code||Type||Head of UE|| Department’s |
|UT-M1-INCONF-067-M||Compulsory UE||FABIANI Rita||T900 - FTI-EII - Service du Doyen|
|AA Code||Teaching Activity (AA)||HT(*)||HTPE(*)||HTPS(*)||HR(*)||HD(*)||Term||Weighting|
|T-NEER-524||Consecutive Interpretation from French into the Foreign Language||7||23||0||0||0||Q2||50.00%|
|T-NEER-555||Simultaneous Interpretation from the Foreign Language into French||7||23||0||0||0||Q2||50.00%|
Objectives of Programme's Learning Outcomes
Unité d’enseignement de la combinaison linguistique
Learning Outcomes of UE
At the end of the first block of the master in interpreting, students will be able to:
- understand a French speech on a current affairs or a general interest topic, and be able to pick up on the structure after hearing the speech for the first time;
- reformulate the speech in correct, natural Dutch, avoiding literal translations.
They will be able to:
- prepare an interpretation session through documentary research and learning of the appropriate terminology;
- correctly employ interpretation equipment and exercise appropriate behaviour in the interpreting booth;
- access and exploit their linguistic skills and apply strategies to allow for the rapid transfer of ideas so as to interpret short speeches from the foreign language into French without meaning errors.
Content of UE
Use and perfectioning of oral skills in the foreign language.
Application of memory techniques, and other techniques related to note-taking, deverbalisation and reformulation.
Introduction to interpretation theory, conference terminology and specificities of Belgian and international institutions.
Simultaneous interpretation of short and relatively non-specialized speeches.
Memorization, note-taking and rendering in French.
Exercises based on non-prepared speeches, freely-rendered written texts or recordings of original speeches.
Type of Assessment for UE in Q2
Q2 UE Assessment Comments
Type of Assessment for UE in Q3
Q3 UE Assessment Comments
Type of Teaching Activity/Activities
|AA||Type of Teaching Activity/Activities|
Mode of delivery
|AA||Mode of delivery|
Required Learning Resources/Tools
|AA||Required Learning Resources/Tools|
|T-NEER-524||Speeches written by the teacher|
Recommended Learning Resources/Tools
|AA||Recommended Learning Resources/Tools|
|T-NEER-524||Moodle-page of the course|
Other Recommended Reading
|AA||Other Recommended Reading|
Grade Deferrals of AAs from one year to the next
|AA||Grade Deferrals of AAs from one year to the next|